05 June 2015

Painted Stairs Update



It's been 3 years since we ripped off the ugly old carpet and painted our basement stairs...so I thought I'd give you guys a little update as to how they're holding up.


They've held up remarkably well considering they get lots of use....like laundry baskets being slid down them along with kids running up and down.

The paint hasn't chipped anywhere and other than a quick vacuum they've required no maintenance. I still love them and while it was a time consuming project....that at the time I was painting them I thought what in the world was I thinking....I would do it all over again. 

9 comments:

  1. That;s great...I did my stairs too some years ago. They really do wear well..I think I am ready to change them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so great. Glad to hear they are holding up so nicely. Have a wonderful Friday.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell what type/brand of paint you used and what colors? I love your stairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patty! The white is Snowfall White, the blue is Van Deusen Blue and the beige is Baby Fawn and they're all Ben Moore colors.

      Delete
  4. I love them, and can't thank you enough for this timely post. Just last weekend hubby ask what projects I had planned for the summer and I told him my plan to tackle our steps. He was not thrilled, nor did he trust my idea but now I have proof - - thanks to you - - that it can be done and will look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is perfect timing....good luck with your stairs!

      Delete
  5. Love this so much! Thanks for the update! Glad to hear they have held up so well! Happy summer :-)

    ReplyDelete