30 May 2015

Shelf Styling and Painting


Since I was not feeling well for quite some time, it seems I'm a little late in spring cleaning and refreshing our home....but at least I finally got there.

This past week I've been painting our dining room shelving in the most beautiful color....Intense White by Ben Moore. It's called Intense White, but it's more a pale warm gray and it looks great against Simply White by Ben Moore (which is the color I'm painting the walls). I've also started painting all our interior doors in Intense White as well and I love the way the pale gray pops against the white....I'll show you how some of the doors came out next week. This color is great....makes me wonder why I haven't really heard much about it. 

So, after painting the shelves I couldn't just put everything back the way it was....I had to re-style them. I'm really not the best at shelf styling....but I'm happy with how they turned out. If you want to see the dining room as it was before we moved in, you can check it out here....it looks quite different since my husband built the shelving and window seat.

Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea,
    Hope you are back to feeling like yourself. Your newly painted shelves look great and the color is quite lovely! BTW - your shelf styling is wonderful and I believe you may have it down to a science!
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,
    The shelves look so pretty and I love the way you styled them. Glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I love the subtle color change.

    ReplyDelete