01 May 2014

a bathroom makeover in the works

It seems like every year I go through my house and want to change things up....and not just like the re-arranging kind of changes....nope.....I'm talking about rip the floor let's add some beams and paint everything kind of changes.


This will be one of our projects this year. 

The photo shows what our basement bathroom looked like after our first go around at fixing it up. We added the wainscoting and chair molding, painted and put in the black and white tiled floor.

It's a perfectly nice bathroom and it's worked out well for us.....but trying to keep all that grout clean is a nightmare.

Some of the things we'll be changing are....the floor, the sink, adding wood to the soffit, making shutters and painting. 

If you'd like to see more photos of the bathroom before it's transformation sometime this year....click here.

3 comments:

  1. Can hardly wait to see what magic you create in there, Andrea! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your work!
    I totally understand the "keeping it clean"......I made many decisions that I now regret when we renovated our farmhouse.....white grout on a kitchen counter was one of those.
    Oh well, live & learn!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that you asked . . . but there IS a solution to problematic white grout, + in my mind, it's perfect for your black + white tiles.
    They make stain for grout!
    A charcoal gray would be less maintenance, for sure . . . + bonus!
    I think it makes tile look a lot more vintage, too!
    I'm a fan!
    Best wishes on whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete