05 April 2014

more chicks...and a kitchen island peek

 
Well....it seems more chicks have made their way into our home.
 
Last week I saw a sign at our feed store that more bantam chicks were coming....so I of course called and had them hold some for me.
 
All the chickens we've bought this year are bantams....which is a small type of chicken....I'm talking like 1/3 the size of our regular heavy breed chickens....it's so cute.
 
So the way I explained to my husband why we need to keep buying chicks is that we need twice as many bantams since their eggs are also 1/3 the size of regular eggs. He seemed okay with my logic....although being that they're so cute....I don't think he minds.
 
Now it looks like next weekend....weather permitting....we'll he'll be knocking down our old coop and building a new pretty one.....I can't wait.
 

Before I go....I thought you'd like to see a peek at our new kitchen island.
 
In case you didn't see my kitchen island inspiration post.....you can see it here.
 
Can you tell which one inspired me the most?

6 comments:

  1. Oh be still my heart! What cutie patooties, Andrea!!! I wish we could have chickens here, but I would worry about raiding raccoons, possums, fox, and coyote out here. I can hardly wait to watch your new babies grow up to see what they look like! :) Loving your new island, too! Gorgeous!!!!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh this are lovelys
    Have a nice sunday
    Kathrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those chickens are so adorable. I like the sneak peak at the island. I cannot wait to see the whole thing.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! The island looks amazing! So similar to your inspiration piece! I am really impressed and looking forward to seeing more!
    Your new chickies are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the island, chicks and your new blog header! You have been a very busy girl. Have you tried your milk paint? Mine arrived and I am nervous to use it...don't know why,..

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want chicks! I am guessing the last inspirational island influenced you most! looks wonderful. Did you use ASCP, Miss Mustard Seed, or something else?

    ReplyDelete