23 May 2013

Lemon Lush


 
Yesterday my oldest son turned 17....and instead of cake he asked me to make his favorite lemon dessert....Lemon Lush. It's a nice light dessert....with a yummy flaky crust....perfect for Summer.
 
Lemon Lush
recipe by All Recipes.com
 
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter, chilled and cut into cubes
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
3 1/2 cups milk
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
 
Preheat over to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and butter using a pastry cutter until well mixed. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
 
Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely (I put mine in the fridge to speed up the cooling process).
 
In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and well blended. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. In another bowl, whisk together the lemon pudding mix and milk for 3 to 5 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Chill until set, then top with whipped topping.
 
Enjoy!
 


8 comments:

  1. I am absolutely making this today!! I have been craving something lemon-y for awhile and this is perfect!! Xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I love "anything" lemon and I also enjoy your blog...beautiful photography:)

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazingly delicious Andrea!!
    Hope your doing well and have a great weekend!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering! Wow that looks delicious! I know what I am making for dessert this weekend! Thank you for sharing have a wonderful weekend!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so sweet and taste!
    Hava e nice weekend
    Kathrine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks SO delicious. It's going to be the last thing I eat before I start my new diet. :) I shared your post on Friday Finds today. Thank you, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all things lemon! This looks so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks soooo good, Andrea. I'm making it this weekend. I love anything with lemon! (Your photo is pretty too!)

    ReplyDelete