18 April 2013

Some Inspiration


A couple of weeks ago we had a little white barn built on our property...and by little I'm talking 10ft by 14ft. I love it...it's a perfect little place to go and take a nap....read....or play board games...or at least it will be.


As of right now, it's still raw wood on the inside....but it won't be for long....or at least I hope not...as I type this it's snowing outside...ugh!
 
Last weekend we went and bought a paint sprayer and we're ready to go...as soon as Mother Nature decides it's spring, we can get started. But...in the meantime, I've been contemplating what I'd like the inside to look like. I'm think mostly white with touches of soft color. I'm loving the fabrics in the two photos above...the first photo is of  Cabbages & Roses fabric and the bottom photo is of Peony & Sage fabric.
 
The inside will be painted all white...in a semi-gloss finish. As the barn only has 2 small windows, I thought using a semi-gloss on the walls and ceiling would help bounce light around....and the floors will be a very pale grey.
 
I'll keep you posted as to what I decide.
 
Photos courtesy Dreamy Whites


13 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to see your sweet little barn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your updates on the barn and on your kitchen! Your pictures are always so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ,how exciting Andrea!!! I can't wait to see it when it's completed. I adore the Peony and Sage fabric, I've been wanting to get some fabric from them to make pillows for my sofa.
    Hope Spring comes for you all soon and have a lovely weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's snowing?! Ugh. I'm sure by the time I get home it will be all decorated and pretty...I'm coming right over to hang out. Maybe "party of two" for lunch in the little barn.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing this project from start to finish...it's going to be nice I'm sure. Now you just need some good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun, we've just bought one & had it built too for me to use as Vintage Amethyst HQ!! I have 4 windows in mine but will be painting it white to bring as much light in as I can. I've just had electricity put in yesterday & we have insulated it & plasterboarded, we are hoping to get it finished this weekend!
    Good luck with your little white barn.
    love
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. it sounds enchanting. i love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds lovely, we also also have a little outbuilding, perfect for getting away and taking a quiet break, cozy, comfy and peaceful! Cannot wait to see your special touch in your little slice of heaven...
    I also hope Mother Nature decides Spring is now...
    Nerina xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Andrea I cant wait to see what you do with your barn!
    My hubby has promised to move our little shed from our side yard to our back yard so I can fix it up to be my shabby chic little quiet spot. I will be painting mine white on the inside as well. I cant wait to create!
    Love your phtos here today....just lovely!

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I painted our small greenhouse/playhouse all white this winter and it totally transformed the building! I wish I had not painted the floor, however, and left it just raw wood. The light floors just show every speck of dirt and kind of look dirty all the time. Just something to think about!! Cannot wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot wait to see your Lilliput, it will be a perfect retreat. I don't think you can go wrong with your choices of patterns and colors. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete