03 March 2012

next room please....

Now that the basement is pretty much finished.....it just needs some tweaking here and there.....and another coat of paint on the stairs....{I promise to show you when I'm all done}.....I thought it's time to move onto the next room.

And I gather....from these photos....you can tell which room that is. We have one bathroom left to redo in this ol' farmhouse.....and it's our main bathroom. We've been looking forward to fixing up this bathroom for some time now....because about 3 years ago, our pipes froze and burst in this bathroom and we have yet to seal up the hole under the cabinet....so it's in need of some tlc.

So, I thought I'd gather some inspiration from Pinterest....and boy....Pinterest did not disappoint. You should see my poor hubby.....as soon as I saw these photos of beautiful white bathrooms...I was ready to start tearing everything out....cuz I'm spontaneous like that....he on the other hand is not.....I guess I need someone to hold be back sometimes.

Anyways, we are going to redo our bathroom on a small budget....with hubby being the furniture builder, plumber and electrician.....and me being the tile laying and painting sidekick. I'm so excited about this next project and just couldn't wait to tell all my girlfriends...that you guys!

Alright....alright....I'll let you all get back to your Saturday evening ;o)

All photos via my Pinterest board

15 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you! It's always fun to start a new project. If any of these pictures are close to what you are doing...I can't wait!!

    Have a great night!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly the hats my hubby wears on our projects! My main bathroom still needs the cupboard door under the sink made and the tall cupboard with doors at the end of the counter. And it's been years. Sigh. oh well, it's not like we don't have a bunch of other redo's on the go!!
    Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Picture, innocent white

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love a white bathroom. Or any room for that matter! Have fun and good luck! XOXO April

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything that you touch will look fabulous...
    Such style.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bathrooms have the ability to become bigger...you are SO lucky tha your husband is able to the work! It will save on your budget BIG time....
    Check out our bathroom reno....
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com
    and you are right, Pininterst doesn't disappoint....I might have done ours differently had I found it sooner....
    hope to see you soon
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure its gonna look great!
    Well, my hubby is exactly same. When I get idea to change something it takes lots of time and me almost begging him to do it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see how it all comes out! The inspiration pics are amazing! Have fun! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures!! i can't wait to see your bathroom finished!!...love Ria...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You inspire me my friend....your home must just be so beautiful. Happy new week to you...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andrea~~ Looking forward to seeing what you do with the bathroom. Our master bathroom is the only room in the house that has never been redone. We need to do it badly.
    Cant wait to see the basement:)
    Have a good week
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking forward to seeing your bath redo. You have such a great eye for decorating! We are in the process of picking out tile and everything for a bath makeover too! We are installing wood walls, subway and hex tile, etc. Demo soon! I've been pinning bath's like crazy! Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cant wait to see your downstairs changes!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun!
    I'm sure it will be lovely Andrea!
    We've almost finished ours~my hubby took a break from it because of ice-fishing season here :)
    So mid-March he'll be back at it.
    Can't wait to see all your changes!

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Pinterest photos are just gorgeous, Andrea! Go for it all, girlie! You won't regret it! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete