12 March 2012

have you seen this show?

If you haven't....and you love old houses....salvaged material....and weathered patinas....

you need to watch this show....The Bronson Pinchot Project.

I have to admit....I have a bit of a crush on him (don't worry my hubby already knows)....he loves architecture and restoring old homes....but not in the way most people do. He restores homes with salvaged materials and leaves them as is....meaning....he doesn't sand the old paint off, he leaves the materials in their found state.

The inside....and outside of the home he working on right now is amazing. Last week he did a library in the home....with yummy plastered walls...old weathered mouldings and doors....a gorgeous old fireplace....and sparse decor....I loved it!

So....you ready to watch it....the show is on Saturday's at 9:30pm (central time) on the DIY Network.....
Link
but don't hesitate to watch it....he only has 3 shows left....but I'm really hoping that they'll pick up another season of his show....I mean he did buy 5 homes, 2 stores, a former hall and the local post office in Hartford, Penn....so he's got plenty of projects to share with us.

photo via

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great show I will have to see if we get it here ...I don't think so ..But I should be able to get it on line! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of this show before.We don't want much tv so that is probably why.But it sounds interesting.I am going to record it so I can watch it on my own.Not a show my husband would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to look for this show...thanks for the info. Sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MGosh is this fabulous or what? Thank you for sharing this, I loved seeing him use all these old materials...so clever and right up my alley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've watched two episodes and have another on the DVR... I've been enjoying this show as well and just stumbled upon it by accident. DVR's are fabulous but since I never watch commercials I miss out on announcements of upcoming shows... happy I didn't miss out on this one!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I have been watching for a few weeks now - LOVE !! Not too sure of some of the methods his assistant is using... (ex: he was cutting the finish salvaged wood with a SKILL saw and with no guard to boot! YIKES)
    All of the found salvaged materials are drool worthy. Would LOVE to go hunting with him!!
    That Library turned out amazing - especially the walls and the window trim *sigh*
    XOX

    ps - how awesome was that 80+ Italian man that plastered his walls?! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just watched a quick snippet and I can hardly wait to view an entire episode....thanks so much for bringing this to our attention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am DEFINITELY going to have to check this show out! Sounds like it's right up my alley! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't he play Balki Bartokomous on "perfect strangers" in the 80's or 90's? he was HILARIOUS in that show!! do we get this in new england too? I will look for it. thanks for sharing~:) chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. where have you all been lol? i found this show by accident and i have watched every show, some more than once. one of my FAV shows!

    hugs,

    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am admittedly arriving on the short bus. I have never heard of this show but am running to my room to dvr it right now. thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH Honey! ~ I think you have some competition in the crush department ;) .... I just got done watching over at the link and I LOVE it!!! My heart is all a flutter with all that salvage and remodel bliss! And to think he's only about 2 hours away!!!!
    Thank you for sharing and good luck on your bath remodel

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have to look up if I can watch it online. Europe here, so no DIY network here :-(.

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll check it out! Meanwhile, I'm following YOU.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too love this show! He is amazing and his show is also funny.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am SOOOO tickled that you have posted this! I could not agree more! He is fabulous at what he does...I've dvr each episode! And I go back and drool over his kitchen;) I really hope the show will continue!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm packing my stuff just in case he ever sells the Decker house. Can't hurt to be ready. :)

    ReplyDelete