20 February 2012

here's where i'm at

I thought I'd show you my new (old) desk...remember this post.

I l.o.v.e. this table....and just thought it belonged inside....but I was never quite sure where to put it....until I decided to do a little makeover in our basement.

It know resides in my office....and has become the perfect desk for my new space....that's where I'm talkin' to you guys right now from.

I now have my office on the opposite side of where it used to be....and I like it much better this way.

I've been giving some of my old pieces of furniture some new life with paint....and painting some new pieces that hubby has built for me....and by the way....have I told you guys that my hubby is awesome....I show him a drawing....and a couple days later I have a new piece of custom made furniture....love him!

He actually finished building the huge tv cabinet yesterday...and also made me a little farm table to use as a coffee table (that I've already painted a soft aqua)....have I told you guys already that he's awesome...cuz he is ;o)

Oh....and see that super cool vintage general store paper holder on my desk.....my sweet friend Laurie gave that to me as a Christmas gift....I just love that thing....isn't Laurie awesome.

Subject change....

you know what I just noticed....I'm listening to 80's music (tears for fears, thompson twins, adam ant, billy idol, etc..) right now and find myself using the word awesome quite a bit in this post....lol!

Have an awesome Monday girls!


24 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how a little bit of paint and furniture rearranging can make a difference? that paper holder thingie is very cool.
    had to giggle at the 80's music and the use of awesome. : ) I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage paper holder gadget! Your desk is perfect for your office.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful desk! I have a hubby who can do the same thing. We are blessed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your a hoot Andrea...thats why I adore you!! Love your table....AWESOME MAN!!!! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paper roll looks great! Can't wait to see it in person... and the new furniture!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your desk and paper rolls! you know, i really wish i had a handy husband...i am actually the handy one, but building furniture is waaaaay over my head. you are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty desk, it looks practical too! Those paper roll things are awesome, tell us more:-)
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm lovin that desk.And that vintage paper holder is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the desk is really pretty and it is perfect as a desk inside, not as a table outside ;) good choice!
    love your pictures.
    have a nice evening, svenja

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would dearly love to have an old paper holder like that. I look for one I can afford every time I go to the flea! It looks awesome on your desk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great! you're lucky to have such a handy hubby! enjoy the week! susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the paper roll....
    ANYTHING you do looks fabulous. You have such wonderful style.
    Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the new office space you're fixing up. Great color combinations!
    Awesome :-) paper roll!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a neat space you've created. The old paper holder is a cool addition to the desk. I love 80's music too. Breakfast Club anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  15. OVE the paper holder!! Is it attached to your desk!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your desk, you paper holder and the map on the wall, they all are ... AWESOME! Your handy husband is too and so is mine - lucky me :-)

    Have a nice day!

    regards from the Netherlands,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mom & I were painting my kitchen this weekend. I have been in a funk and my mom offered to come help paint my house. As we were painting, listening to music, having fun ..she said "It's amazing how a change of color, some fresh paint can change your life" Even if it's just for the moment. It can get a girl out of her funk! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great spot...show us more!

    xo kelley

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to see the finish!...dying to see the steps too!
    Your desk/table is adorable& all on it..amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the pink! I agree with Kelley, show us more. ;)
    xo~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the deske and cant wait to see all the new changes!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your new desk! I have a soft spot for cute little work spaces. My husband is also handy... makes life lots of fun! X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking forward to seeing the basement makeover. Also, I LOVE your old truck photo, is it your own?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice blog and ... what a great husband ;-)!! Greetings from Belgium

    ReplyDelete