27 February 2012

checking in

Whew......what a paint filled weekend.....and I'm still not done....

although I do have most of the basement painted.....I still have the stairwell to paint and the stairs another coat.....but today I'll be finishing the painting of the sliding glass door. I really want to put in a french door....but that can wait a little longer....just painting the wood sliding door has made a huge difference in the room....it no longer sticks out like a sore thumb.

I also repainted the coffee table.....the aqua just wasn't working for me....but the new grey color is.

I've been keeping track of what I've spent for this space...and so far it's very little considering I got new furniture like a huge t.v. cabinet (I'm talking a 9 foot by 6 foot) and a coffee table....other than that everything else has been recycled....gotta love recycling ;o)

The room has really changed from how it looked just a couple weeks ago.

I have a few more things to finish up....like some barn doors....then I'll show you a bit more.

Happy Monday Girls!

16 comments:

  1. So ready for nice sunny and warm weekend so that I can paint! I tried when the weather was yucky and the piece was yucky. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely week darling...spring is in the air....xxx...xxx...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how it all look when you finish.
    Last weekend we paint our living room. It's white now and looks light and fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have been busy! I'm looking forward to seeing it when you are all finished, especially the painted coffee table!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhh boy I can't wait to see this room when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new header!
    And I cannot wait either to see the 'after' shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to the REVEAL. I can only imgine how beautiful it will be with your amazing style! I keep looking on your shop for more of the old Victorian baskets. LOVE them...(and your shop, course). In fact, I see new items???? LOVE this old header and "your bag"!!. This reminds me of when I first found your site and was completely in awe...things never change...still am! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see.I will be doing that soon.UGH I am not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see it all!! I've been painting like crazy around my house too. Walls, furniture, anything I can get my hands on! :)
    Hope you have a beautiful week Andrea!!~
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOve that you are back to having your old heading. I always loved that picture:) Cant wait to see your stairs etc.
    Hope you have a great week:)
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to the big reveal, Andrea!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure sound busy! I can't wait to see how it all came together.

    Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your Facebook question. Anyway, there is a hidden category that you won't see until you create your page. So, just pick something and then when you're on your page there's a category called "websites and blogging" or something like that...home/garden is a subset of that category :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a reno-painting machine! (Warn your family not to stand still in your presence or their lives will appear more 'colorful'!) hehehe

    Your Friend,
    Deborah
    FairfieldHouseNJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its gonna be gorgeous!!!
    Im so happy for you...love this soft image of the clay pots and books and bottles.
    So pretty!

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete