23 January 2012

stair progress

I wanted to show you where we are on our stair progress....and I say we....cuz hubby was kind enough to help me finish ripping up the carpeting....he's my knight in shining armor....or better yet....my handyman in jeans. But first I thought I'd share with you a couple photos from my pin board on Pinterest that are my inspiration.

Can you see where I'm going with this project....I love stripes and ticking.

Okay....so here's where we're at. The carpets all pulled off.....and the wood steps are actually in really good condition....they just need a little bit of wood filler, caulking and some sanding.

There was only one board that we had to replace.....and see the landing in the photo up there....we're going to remove the press board that's there and add a planked wood landing instead.

I do believe I'm gonna love how this turns out.....that is of course if it looks like either one of the top photos.

And can I just say.....now that I removed the carpet on the stairs....and I'm lovin' it....I wonder how I can convince the hubby that we need to remove the rest of the carpet in the basement....hmmm.

Stay tuned!


21 comments:

  1. Way to go! You are coming right along. I need to be sharing our stairway project. It is almost finished. So fun to see it nearing completion. I know yours is gonna look gorgeous! Can't wait to see more photos as you do more to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea~~ I cant wait to see the end result. I am always inspired by women like you.
    Have a great day
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny - I was looking at the magazine that the 'ticking staircase' is from just yesterday! It is nice, isn't it? They also had a grain-sack covered sofa - yum!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be following this project for sure! Making over our basement stairs is on our list too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to see your progress! It makes me want to go rip that carpeting up on my steps right this minute!
    Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea these stairs are going to look amazing. Once you start ripping up carpet its kinda hard to stop. I say do the basement too, you will be so glad that you did. Sandy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be gorgeous . . . I can feel it : )!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good bye carpet, hello loveliness. I bought a handheld Dyson vac that I store in my basement. It gets all the dust bunnies off the painted stairs and is a great time saver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is looking fantastic so far...I'm so glad your wood was in good condition! I LOVE the inspiration photo...this is going to look SO good!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks great so far! I have been wanting to do this for like 3 years... I even have runners to put down. Do you think you could come do mine for me? ;) can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my this is already looking so awesome!...yeah to you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting!!! I can't wait to see them all finished! Good luck!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are an inspiration!

    We have stairs that could use revamping.

    This may be just what it takes to get me motivated.

    Or maybe I'll just live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A ton of hard work, but it's going to be beautiful!
    Happy week to you,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I could get rid of all the carpet in my house, I would in a heart beat, I HATE carpet, HATE it! and my dear, everything you touch is gorgeous, so I have no doubt your stairs are going to be fabulous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrea,

    I love where your stairs are leading -- vintage farmhouse perfection!

    Your Friend,
    Deborah
    FairfieldHouseNJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can only imagine how beautiful these will look after you're through with them....can't wait to see the unveiling!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the first stairs! I like the second ones. At first, when I saw the first stairs, I thought you'd done yours and I was so excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in love with those first set of stairs ...good luck with yours! I just stumbled across your lovely blog & have signed up as your latest follower! I look forward to popping back for some more gorgeous inspiration.
    x
    Melissah from Country Style Chic

    ReplyDelete