29 June 2011

pizza and pesto

That's what was on the menu for dinner tonight....pizza and pesto.

I gathered lots of fresh basil from my garden and made a yummy homemade pesto sauce....you can find the recipe here...oh wait....blogger won't let me link anymore....so you'll have to visit www.marthastewart.com and type in Basic Basil Pesto for the recipe.


Then....I made some homemade pizza dough from here...oh wait...that's right....I still can't link....can you tell that annoys me just a little bit....anyways....you can find the pizza dough recipe at www.thefarmchicks.typepad.com and look back to her post on June 10th for grilled pizza...it's a great pizza dough recipe.



And here it is.....I topped the pesto sauce with fresh slices of mozzerella and tomatoes and a few more leaves of basil....I love me some basil. It was yummy!



17 comments:

  1. That looks sooooo delicious!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you deliver? :)

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I bet this smelled delicious as it was baking. You had me at basil!!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Did the kids like this one? It looks so, so good!
    Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fresh pesto. This looks delicious. I'll have to check out the recipe. Yes, I'm very familiar with blogger issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks divine! Can't wait to take a peek at your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!! Thanks for sharing the recipe tip~ :)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks verry nice !!....yammie !!...love Ria...xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see you're getting those veggies in! Love that colander!

    I've been absent...I miss talking....and shopping. :) Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so good! I am going right now to look up this recipe! thanks so sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so good!! We're making pizza this weekend for my step daughter's 14th birthday, can't wait!
    Happy weekend! xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks wonderful! i love pesto too! just made some a couple days ago. i used walnuts since i didn't have any pine nuts. have a great 4th! susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pizza? Did someone say pizza???? lol! I adore any kind of pizza! I'll be right over, Andrea! lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks amazing. Pesto and Pizza 2 more my favorite things.
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete