16 March 2011

a polished project

A couple weeks ago my friend Kelley from The Polished Pebble blog sent me an email asking if I'd want to particiapte in a little diy project with her and 2 other bloggers....Melanie from My Sweet Savannah and Artie from Color Outside The Lines.

of course I said yes.....I was honored to be asked.

and this is the challenge....frame these 4 beautiful original 1890's botanicals for under $20.00.

I was up for the challenge.....

and a challenge it was....

because if you read my blog....you know I have issues with hanging stuff on my walls....

but if you come back on Friday....

I'll show you how I "framed" these beauties....simply.

9 comments:

  1. this is an exciting project Andrea. will have to come peek on friday ^-^
    little ducky arrived safely today and i need to thank you for including that adorable wonderful fabric heart. you are so sweet. i will cherish this forever. Tomorrow, i will take a few pics of lil' ducky and introduce him to new friends maybe? ^-^ Do you want him to travel to Belgium ? I still have not asked daughter Geneviève, but i know she will happily greet him. In case she says no ( she is very very busy doing her Master's degree), i can always ask sweet Saskia who lives in Rotterdam. i know her, she wont resist saying yes. :) will keep you posted with ducky's adventures.
    big hugs to Ethan
    monique xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! i cant wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a challenge.....

    can't wait to see what you came up with. i know it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a tough one!!! Looking forward to seeing the results.

    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to see how you did this because I too just received my original antique hand-colored botanical plates that I ordered from Etsy and was planning on going to a local frame shop. But perhaps now I can follow your advice instead and not break the budget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the results. All 4 for under $20.... Wow that does seem like a challenge! I will be back on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say I love the purse in your blog picture. Did you make it?? If so, where did you get the pattern? Also, good luck with the project:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh...I want them...all of them!! Enjoy your weekend darlin!! x0

    ReplyDelete
  9. i bet it will be lovely!
    btw, i have so enjoyed reading about your home in Romantic Prairie Style...it's just so pretty, one of my faves in there for sure!

    ReplyDelete