15 December 2010

When Someone Gets You.....

When someone gets you.....doesn't it just put a big ol' smile on your face....well, it does mine. I've had the pleasure of getting to know Mary from Urban Farmgirl for a little while....and I just love her! Our tastes are so similar....and when I recently received a package from her I was utterly surprised. I had mentioned that my birthday was soon (well, now it's past...whoohoo...I'm 39) and she quietly...kinda like a ninja...sent me the most gorgeous package. I was in awe of how she wrapped everything....from the packaging alone....I know she gets me. This is what was in the package....I know huh....isn't it all just beautiful....man....does that girl now me or what. She even sent me some amazing yarn...but that's not in the photo...because it's already been all used up....like the same day I received it.

And...you know what....if you like what you see above....you better put on your runnin' shoes and jam on over to her new etsy shop...cuz it's filled with beautiful things.

Oh....and I just thought I'd throw in this photo....because it's so darn cute. My cats have a new neighbor...Charlie our rooster has made his home with Molly (shown) and Emily (not shown) our cats. He's our oldest guy and seems how we have a few young fellows (roosters) in the chicken coop, he's decided he doesn't want to bunk with them any longer....so he's moved himself into our garage. Spending his nights under a warm heat lamp with his 2 new girls...and the cats just love him. Yesterday after I took this photo I walked in and he had fallen asleep all snuggled up in the same crate as Molly...cute huh?

22 comments:

  1. Love her too!! :) so sweet of her to send you that beautiful package!! You deserve it too~ Hugs~ Rachel

    *French Farmhouse 425*

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I do love it when someone just GETS me....poor people that do! Hahaha...
    Happy belated 39th too ;)

    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday....what a sweet friend......love the chicken with the kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...friend, you are the BEST! Why, oh why can't we live closer??

    I am so glad you loved your birthday goodies! No one desreves a surprise more than you.

    Speaking of my "ninja-like" tendencies...don't you like how I slipped the opening of my etsy shop out there without telling anyone?? I was sooo afraid no would would "get me" or my style. I thought I would list a few things and lay low for a while and see what people thought. I was not prepared for them to love my things! Wow! I did finally put a little announcement out there on my blog today, then I saw yours.

    Thanks friend, I guess we are both full of surprises!

    W.T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of her to send you such a wonderful birthday package!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Mary's shop..I totally *get her* & have a box coming soon filled with treasures for my wee cottage! *New* decorating happening here from the inspiration gathered from *faded Plains* and from *Urban Farmgirl*! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, glad they are friends! Too cute! Lucky you on the surprise gift!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her too! What a perfect gift for you! That photo of the rooster and the cat is so cute!!!!!
    I hope you share more of them~
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice people deserve nice things!

    You need to enter that picture in some contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky girl...when is your birthday,mine was on the 10th...but I have a couple(11)years on you!!! x0

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your birthday present! What a wonderful surprise. Charlie and Molly are adorable together. Animals are just so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I would've thought that cats would attack chickens! I guess I'm not much of a farm girl... I love to peek at farm life through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling rooster story! Love your style! Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful birthday surprise! The rooster and the cats are adorable! You never know what animals are going to do, they're so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my- that is the sweetest photo ever- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't Mary the best!!
    I hope to meet her when I see my inlaws!

    Sometimes It's so hard becuase I feel like all the people that "get me" are all out in cyber space, we just need to have a big ole party :)

    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sure is nice to be GOT!

    I will go to the farm girl next! I was raised in the country too...mud check it out!

    Ciao Bella! Enjoy your sweet gifts...they are gorgeous!

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  18. .. Hi there Andrea! First of all, your bread cover is SOOO cute!! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! That was so nice of Mary to send you some great goodies~ it's always such a great feeling when you have a friend that gets you + you share a spirited passion for the same things/experiences with. Whenever I go to the flea market, I make it a point to stop by and say hello to Mary.. she's a very approchable, down-to-earth gal and gives good paint advice! :) I hope you have a nice Christmas Andrea.
    Hugs Lara

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know...it is so great when someone just really gets you. That was so sweet of her! Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day. Charlie and Molly are so cute!

    xo,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  20. those little surprises are the best kind! Mary is a doll and her shop is gorgeous! i told my hubby i wanted one of her necklaces for my birthday i won't tell you how old i am though :)
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just found your blog and had to say, well first that was really sweet and second your dog's adorable and yes, matches your room :) And third love the way you photograph everything. It enhances how lovely things are, and they are already lovely!

    Off to read more!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete