13 July 2010

Eraser Painting

In the August issue of Martha Stewart's Living magazine....

I found an article about using erasers and fabric paint to decorate napkins with...well I gotta say...I love this idea.

Now.....I'm one of those people that when I see a cool idea...I wanna try it....right then....and for little or no money....and this project cost me $0.00....love that!

I just used what I had on hand....white damask napkins....red fabric paint....and the eraser from a pencil {they used square erasers...but I love me some polka dots}....and look how cute these turned out.

Now after making these....my little head started spinning....thinking of other items I could polka dot....like maybe....a white shower curtain....dish towels....placemats....sheets....really...I could go on and on. You really should try this easy peasy project.....and I bet you'll be seeing polka dots too!

14 comments:

  1. I could surely do this with the kids. Thanks, they will love making christmas ones with green and red...Ohh, so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cool! lol...I want to try it today too. :) Yours turned out very well and super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely adorable!
    i think the "just what you had on hand" was PERFECT!
    red poka dots? is anything sweeter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you say sheets? I am all over that except it sounds time consuming! love the red and your napkins, easy peezy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I love me some polka dots, too! Now just to find some pencils...I haven't used a pencil in forever. Isn't that weird? I think some pillow slipcovers are in my future!

    ~mary~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    Leave it up to Martha! This is a great idea - I'm going to try it out on an old sheet before I go straight to the good linens. I would have never thought of all the possibilities...I don't have a pencil though! :)
    Hope summer on the farm is going good - we still need to get together soon. I'll be out of town for the next week but I would really love to get together so let's plan it....

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a polka dot kind of girl- so fun.

    I am having a 100th post giveaway- come join the party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yahooooo what a great idea! Red polka dots make the world such a better place to live in. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it...what a great idea!!!! And they turned out so fun and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those turned out so cute! It makes me want to put polka dots on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally adorable!! Very creative and I just love the red polka dots!!
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

    ReplyDelete