21 December 2009

Ruffles and Glue

I'm almost done re-doing our basement bathroom....just a few more things to tweak....but thought I'd share with you a couple super easy projects I did yesterday....

I had this apothecary jar that I thought would be perfect to hold some Epsom salt...so of course...the first thing that came to mind to embellish the jar with....an old prescription....too cute...huh.

Then....I had just bought a package of inexpensive {only $2.99 for a set of four} cotton towels to use in the bathroom....but of course....I couldn't just leave them plain....

So I tore some muslin strips....and sewed a little ruffle on them....not so plain anymore.

I also wanted to take a moment to wish you all a.....

Merry Christmas....

may your days be blessed and your hearts full.

See you next week.

17 comments:

  1. LOVE the old perscription!!
    the towels are just perfectly too cute!
    you rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST THE EXTRA PERSONALITY becomes very CHARMING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh a girl after my own heart with the ruffles!! so sweet..enjoy your holiday too Andrea! Merry Christmas, much love, Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW wat a great idea!! Love it. Ruffles are my weekness =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ruffles. I did that with lace. It is amazing how a little touch makes them so special. I will have to try ruffles nextas I am going to redo the 1/2 bath after the holidays:)
    ~Debra
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the juxtapostion of the torn muslin with the ruffle on the new towel. Gives it that little extra unique touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to foof up a bathroom towel! LOVE IT!
    Have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really know how to turn something great into something spectacular!! Love the ruffles and the label...WOW!!
    Have a Wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love your projects, Andrea. Fast and fabulous! Especially those ruffled towels! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just may have to try that for my powder room towels - such a great idea.
    I hope you and your family have a joyous and blessed holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea, you are sooooo talented and creative. It's such a pleasure seeing what you come up with! Merry Christmas, lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my i want your towels! Such a great addition... everything looks so much better with ruffles! Merry Christmas!!
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your towels are adorable! Love the perscription bottle you are just so talented. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and health, happiness and love in the New Year!

    xxx, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such a subtle touch with your decorating, Andrea. LOVE the jar and the prescription!

    I hope you have a magical day tomorrow with your family. Peace and Joy,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tuffles are evry cute and I love the old prescription idea.

    Hope that you and your family had a very merry Christmas.

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the ruffles~ Stay warm!
    Bristol

    ReplyDelete