10 August 2009

Staying Planted

Do you remember this post? Well, lots has changed in a couple weeks.


Here's the story....we had found another farmhouse on more acreage that we put an offer on and the sellers had accepted it. Well, after having our home on the market for 4 months, and keeping it immaculant {and an offer on our farmhouse in the works} , the sellers of the farmhouse that we wanted, decided they no longer wanted to sell their property...does that stink or what! All the time and energy we spent these last few months...all for nothing....well that's at least what I thought.

See....we only put our home on the market because we fell in love with this other property...and since that property is no longer available...we're staying planted. And you know what...that's not a bad thing....

We've come to realize that we needed this little journey to see that what we have is all we need. We now look at our 1890 farmhouse with fresh new eyes...and we love what we see.

We've been inspired....and our farmhouse is the inspiration.

I also wanted to mention that the lovely Ruth at The Beautiful Life has honored me with a beautiful award. Thanks so much Ruth...your the best! If you haven't visited Ruth's blog or online shop...you really must...I promise, you won't be dissappointed.

15 comments:

  1. i'm glad to hear that you are staying put Andrea...your home is lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea you have a beautiful home now from the pictures that I have seen, it looks like a wonderful HOME. I hope you share more pictures in the future. And just think all that work of packing and unpacking. I don't think I will ever miss that part :) What a lovely award Ruth gave you. Thank you for the tag dying instructions. I have so many things that I want to try it on now...Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your home when you first showed it and I am sure it was meant to be! Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your farmhouse is so sweet...and I think it takes moments like this to make us realize what we have! congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your farm home is lovely and I am sure you will come to realize that more now than ever... Most tings happen for a reason and this one was to make you realize you care for your home more than you thought....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, I love your house and it's so nice that you can look at it in a new light. It is such a pain to move, take it from one who knows.
    Congrats on your award!

    Hugs, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love your home...I was sad when you said you were trying to sell it...it is so you!!! Things always work out my friend! Congratulations on your award!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your farmhouse looks pretty good to me! I know I could never leave mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are able to see the bright side of the situation, Andrea. Your farmhouse is beautiful. p.s. congrats on the awared!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it that you are able to see the good when things didn't work out. Being thankful is the key to peace and happiness.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andrea!

    I am new to your blog. I found you through Ruth's blog. I just wanted to say that I love your blog and your shop!

    Have a great day!

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least you don't have to go through the hassle of packing...that part's always the worst! Glad you're happy with how it all worked out!!

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Farmhouse ~ Sometimes we have to go on these little life adventures to get to the spot we need to be at ~ the spot we are "supposed" to be at...so happy you are staying!! it's absolutely charming!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Home is where the heart is...and it looks like you have a lot of heart in your home. Thanks for reminding us all what the word "home" really means! Best wishes and hope to see you soon! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Andrea ~ I just pretty much adore your farmhouse ~ I think I would stay put too :)
    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete