17 August 2009

First Project....Check

A couple posts ago, I mentioned that we're staying planted right here in our beautiful 1890 farmhouse...and that we {well...mostly me} were inspired to do some makeovers in our home...here's the first one.


This is my 6-year old sons room now....I painted his room a gorgeous khaki color and re-vamped his old furniture by giving them a fresh coat of paint...in black.



So now...what was a mish mash of furniture styles and wood grains...is now a beautiful cohesive bedroom set...thank you paint. Do you see the lamp on his little table...it used to be a wood lamp with a denim lampshade...I used the same black paint that I used on his bed and dresser and painted the base then covered the lampshade with some extra jute webbing I had....the webbing has great black stiches and matches so well with his bedding....oh....the bedding....I just love his new bedding. He has beautiful organic sheets and his quilt is a dark charcoal and cream ticking...looks just like french ticking...love it! I purchased all the bedding at Target...gotta love Target. You'll also notice I added some of his personality to the room....he loves science fiction movies...so I bought 2 large movie posters {2 of his favorites movies} from ebay and framed them in nice black frames....love the graphic punch they give the room.

Oh....I guess you might like to see the before photo.

So......

1st bedroom project....check

Now I just have the whole rest of the house to do.

25 comments:

  1. Love love love the bedding!!! His room looks so neat and organized, great job Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! You can't go wrong with black paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bedroom makeover, Andrea! What a difference a few little changes can make. I also really love that bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, Andrea. It all came together so nicely. Go, go, go Godzilla (brings back memories of watching Creature Features with my cousin ;)
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea!
    Fabulous makeover! I love the bedspread....funny ...son Dan bought two movie posters of 60's Fellini films....8 1/2 and La Dolce Vita for his apartment when he first went to law school....3rd year and they are still decorating his walls!! He put them in black frames too....Your son's room looks really sharp...and CLEAN!
    :) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great makeover using what you have...and he won't grow out of it! We just got a movie poster of Boris Karloff's the Mummy off of Ebay and also framed it in black...we love old vintage movies and sci-fi!
    Mary Frances

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks awesome Andrea!! Love the new bedding:) Great idea with the posters. He's got a big room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a wonderful makeover. Looks so clean and fresh. I have 3 boys so I know they don't stay that way very long! LOL!

    I really enjoy your blog. I'll hope you'll stop by mine sometime and say hi :)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks so much better...what a great room for a little boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Job!!! I love the bedding and it is perfect for a boys room. The posters really look cool. I also love the hardwood floor.

    xo, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love it when you redo a room? When I do that, I find myself walking in it over and over again, and smiling so much. It always feels good.

    Great job.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the room. The bedding is fabulous and love the bed in black.

    Great lamp idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the room looks great. love the black!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea,

    Thank you so much!!! Opening your package was like Christmas for me! The tags were perfect and all the extra little surprises! You are so sweet! It really made my day! I loved it all!

    Thanks again,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI LOVE YOUR BLOG, PLEASE STOP BY MINE, I THINK YOU'LL LIKE IT GIO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Andrea, what a great room! I wish my kids were that neat :) Can't wait to see what other projects you take on. You did that fast...wanna come help me cross things off my project list :) btw...My package came...loved everything, you do packaging WELL (gorgeous):) Ty for all the lovelies :) Rose~

    ReplyDelete
  18. His room turned out great! The black paint did wonders and the lamp was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job....don't you just love switching things up?! Any word yet on when you get those pillows back in stock(I can hardly wait)...hope this finds you well,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just found you! So exicited! We could soooo be friends! smiles~

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lucky little boy to have such a talented mom!! It's beautiful!! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your redo. Black and cream is great. I hope you feel satisfied with staying planted. Your house is gorgeous, and I know that you will have many projectse in the works, (not that you need them, just for fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Andrea,
    Love the bedding, you just can't beat Target! I can't wait to see what else you are up to!

    Best wishes,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi there - I just discovered your blog and shop via The Inspired Room...and I'm so glad I did!

    I have to say, I've admired that Target bedding for a while and probably would have bought it by now if I had a place to put it. Ahhh, if only I had a few more bedrooms :).

    Take care,
    AnNicole

    ReplyDelete