29 June 2009

Iowa or Bust

On Father's Day weekend...every year...Walnut, Iowa becomes flea market heaven. This tiny town is overrun with white tents and funnel cake...and is a treasure hunters dream. Having lived in the midwest for 3 1/2 years, I'm ashamed to say this is my first visit to the great show....but according to Mr. Plains, will be a yearly event. So...why don't you come walk the cobble streets of Walnut with me...

I'm soooo loving old bowling pins.



See...here are some more....lov'em!


I'm also loving how all these old softballs look together....I brought lots of these home with me.

Thanks for walking with me....sorry there aren't more pictures to share....but I was too busy saying...Oh....Ah....

xoxo
Andrea

P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment on this post...I'll announce the giveaway winner on July 6th.

13 comments:

  1. merci de ta visite.
    j'aime beaucoup ton blog!
    a bientôt
    manon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a post (and a blog) after my own heart. Lovely! I stumbled on you by way of 52 Flea. Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun...it looks like a great time!!! i hope you found lots of goodies there:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, that looked like so much fun, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun...you lucky girl...those bowling pins are amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea,
    Thanks for taking me along, I could've walked longer with you! Love those bowling pins too, I can hear them falling along the floor... strike!!! Sorry, I had to, they so remind me of my grandparents which I miss so much. Bowling was their "thing" they loved together. I'll look for them (the pins) in your store. Happy week!
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool! Wish I could go! Looks fun.

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea :) Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I love the peonies on your Header (is that what it is called?) So beautiful. Wow what a great place to shop at. That white glassed door cabinet, how I would love to bump something of mine to make room for it lol Pudge thanks you too btw :) Andrea I have looked for the lil bag and no luck, please let me know if it is still possible to get 1 or 2. Our modem was down and we just got a new one Mon. so this is the first chance I have gotten to see most of the wonderful comments :)Thank you again...Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andrea one more thing, thank you for the vote on my hunnys new name lol uhmmmm he is still trying to figure out my password :) Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like so much fun! If you ever are in Brooklyn on a Saturday, they have a great flea market, too. Not huge, but great booths. I was visiting there recently and went - 2 tableclothes (need 'em like a hole in the head :)) and 2 letterpress letters later, I was a very happy flea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my favorite kind of shopping - rootling around in other people's stuff, so full of history. Each ding and dent is a story.

    Thanks for bringing me along for the ride! :)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like so much fun...I hope you brought home lots of cheap goodies:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun to see the Walnut show pictures. This is the second set I've seen...looks like a fun show.

    ReplyDelete