09 March 2009

Weekend Round-Up

Every spring and fall, my mom sells at a craft show, and I always tag along to help out. I enjoy seeing all the wonderful handmade goods and love to shop and help support local artists.

This super cute purse was just calling out to me...so of course I answered. If your anything like me, and I know some of you are, you love to buy things that have been re-purposed....well, this is one of those things. This darling purse what made out of an old sweater and belt...don't ya just love that. These girls made some amazing things with felted sweaters and had the most beautiful soft rugs. If your interested in buying beautiful re-purposed goods, you can email them at bluecatrunt@yahoo.com.

So, when I got back home, I was in an artsy kinda mood so I took out some of my embroidery patterns and whipped this up...too cute, huh.

Of course I had to make a little boy...I am a mom to boys you know...and just tend to favor, Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails, cuz that's what little boys are made of. Anyways, you can find this and so many other cute patterns here.

I also wanted to thank Kris from Tres Belle for sharing this award with me....your too sweet Kris...thanks a bunch!


10 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous purse, Andrea! Love it! And your embroidery is so sweet - the frame suits it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is toooo cute! Whoever would have thought to do that! Ah, your too kind Andrea to mention me and the award! Your picture is great!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love poking around at craft shows...sometimes you can find the cutiest things...love the purse..i would love to take an old sweater and felt it and make a bag...on my to do list...which is way too long already...thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, i love your embroidered piece...he is too cute and i just love that simple "hello" message at the top...too sweet...love the purse too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little purse is adorable!! I received my order today.Love it all! It will all be going with me to La Petite Maison in 2 weeks. Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love seeing things repurposed - and feting a sweater? Genius!

    Congrats on the blogging award. You certainly deserve it...

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the purse!!! So pretty. You did so well on your embroidery, I love the little boy saying hello, sweet.
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea,, I was just stopping by to say hello. I enjoyed visiting your blog. The sweater purse is adorable.
    I notice the watercolors of France you got for 12.00. I think I may have 3 by the same artist. I dont know alot about them, but I love them so much. Mine are in an aqua/teal mat and frames. Its such a small world...
    Happy creating,,gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet purse idea!!! You picked up a "keeper"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all things repurposed like this sweater turned handbag! OH and that embroidery is soooo cute!!! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete