23 February 2009

Inspiring Artist

If you've never visited Lori Oles blog Vintage Flair...boy are you missing out. Lori makes the most amazing pieces of art...and I have been lucky enough to have just purchased one.

A couple weeks ago she added a few items to her Etsy shop...which if you know her art work...you know that nothing lasts more than a few minutes on there. Well, I thought, if I go to her shop and there's anything left it was meant to be mine....and this is what I bought.

The most beautiful vintage wallpaper pouch. I can't tell you how in love I am with this piece...it's utterly perfect. It even has a receipt on there from Nebraska...and that's where I'm at...coincidence...I think not.

She adds so many wonderful details like...ribbons, lace, and stiching.

It is a piece that I will treasure always.

Lori is truly an inspiring artist!


9 comments:

  1. Ah, How sweet! So pretty. I love it too (wouldn't you know it) HA. I'll have to check out her shop. It does look like something you would pick for yourself. I don't think it was a coincidence...I believe it was there just for you.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad this wallpaper pouch went to a good home - you were so lucky to get it. It is simply beautiful. One day, my best friend and I hope to be able to have the chance to own something made by Lori as well (we were simply to late :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sitting here stressing out becuase I have a big presentation to prepare for at work and I am working from home becuase my daughter is sick today. I popped on Bloglines to see what was new with my favorite blogs and look what I stumbled on....so many nice words about my wallpaper pouch. I am so glad you like it and it found a nice home.
    Take care, Lori

    P.S. Thanks for briefly letting me forget about my presentation at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing...now i have another blog to check out and more ways to spend my dollars...these look adorable....I love the beautiful fabric she has on the bottom ..i think i would like to wear it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and think it've very fresh and inspiring! I will be here again!

    Have a nice Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful Andrea! Fate! What a great piece...

    And I am embarrassed to admit that I don't know if I have yet to visit Lori's blog...I think I have just been making "the rounds" to the regulars I visit for so long...who knows what goodness I am missing out on!!! Thanks for enlightening me today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous...and meant to be it seems! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Lori, her work is one of my very faves. I have one of her wallpaper pouhches too and I love it!

    LOVE This one... looks like it was made for you. ;)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty find, I've got to check out her Etsy store.
    Love you new blog banner, sooooooo pretty.
    xoxo
    Rox

    ReplyDelete