15 December 2008

Candles...Candles...Everywhere

I was inspired to make some wintery decor for my Christmas table this year by a magazine article I read last year (I can't recall which one) that showed wonderful ways to recycle old sweaters.


I went to my local thrift store and bought a pink sweater for $1.00 and went to work.


I cut one of the cuffs off and used it to cover a plain small glass jar. Just insert a candle and achieve instant cozy charm. With the rest of the sleeve, I covered up a vase to display paper roses.


Then, with the other sleeve, I cut it into a narrow band and slipped a napkin inside...sweet and simple. I just added a fleur-de-lis pin (available at the shop soon) and that's it.


Here's what the sweater candleholder looks like lit up at night..pretty, huh.

Lastly, I wanted to show you these fabulous faux candles I bought at Target. The outside of the candles are made with real wax and the inside features an led light that flickers just like a real candle...love it!

They look so real, they even made them look like the wax was melting and dripping down the sides. Being I have a house with kids, cats and dogs...sometimes a real candle just isn't possible...so these are the perfect alternative.

Have a wonderful day...Andrea
P.S. The faux candles come plain...the paper numbers I added.

15 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea for a sweater!! Who would have ever thought of that??? It looks wonderful.

    Kris

    P.S. Love the candle and the fleur de lis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What darling ideas for a sweater!
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea for old sweaters - candle cozies, vase warmers and soft napkin rings! Thanks for the great idea, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the candles from Target...
    Happy Holidays!
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks wonderful and I hope I can find some of those candles at my Target. Your blog is lovely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Andrea (:) I love the candles and how you added the darling wire and paper decor so cute ..

    so are the sweater candle covers
    I bet they really have a pretty glow at night with those on (:)
    OH you are just so cleaver~!!

    Thanks on my stocking and tree(:) and wow one degree weather, oh my that is a bummer..it is cold here too but '''not that cold'' more like 6 at night ~ hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea... I love these...Your blog looks really beautiful... happiest Holidays to you & your family...
    xooxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea,
    What a great idea and very warm looking candles with the sweaters ;)

    Love the faux candles and the numbers too. A friend told me about them but seeing them is really loving them.

    I'm off making early rounds...
    Have a very Merry Christmas!
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea,
    The sweater projects are fabulous. Very clever. You did a great job with them.
    Have a Merry Christmas.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrea,
    I love your ideas for repurposing beautiful old sweaters. I have one, with a lovely pattern, that I can't bear to part with...now I can give it a new life. Thank you for your kind comment about my "Winter" photo collage.
    Peace and Joy
    Kay Flynn-The Wrought Iron Gate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea~Hello(:)
    I was just at Polly's and she mentioned burlap wrap and your link..CUTE-cute idea..you are so clever..
    Merry Merry ~!!
    hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool are those sweater candles?! They just look warm. I'm off to the thrift store tomorrow ot find my own pink sweater! :) Thanks for sharing.
    Tricia
    vintage bliss

    ReplyDelete
  13. golly, those are just super great ideas! how imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now THAT is a clever idea. Love the pink sweater jacket for the candle!
    Sarah
    Vintage Lily
    www.vintagelily.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found this post via Google today. Very cute idea. I will be linking to it on my blog because it inspired some candle covers I did.

    ReplyDelete